It is located in the cemetery where a monastery stood already in the 10th century and it had its own church of St. Kate of which two plaques with three-strand patter design ornaments have been preserved, while the third, which was the most beautiful, disappeared. These plaques were built into the wall of the present dilapidated church of St. Kate which Ban Butko Kurjaković had built in 1393 on the foundations of a monastery. Next to the main door, parts of a pluteum with three-strand pattern design decorations have been preserved. Birds eating fruit in symmetrical circles date from the 10th century when a monastery was erected there. The Turks demolished it in 1571 and it was renovated in 1700 to be again demolished by an earthquake in 1891.
This is a clock tower erected in 1901. The clock mechanism was transferred from and old church together with the clock bell which was cast in 1841.
- Castrum Novum
A Croatian fortification of the ličko-krbavska great lords, once the lords of Novigrad, dominates the town from the steep hill. It was built on a hill-fort from the Illyrian period (2,000-1,000 B.C.). At the beginning of the 13th century there was a renewed Roman tower on that same spot and it was called Castrum novum (Novigrad). At the end of the 13th century (1282), the ličko-krbavska lords Gušići – Kurjakovići reconstructed it thoroughly and erected a fortification of rectangular shape which served to defend their property around Novigrad. When the Venetians became owners of Novigrad in 1409, the fortress was reinforced and expanded and transformed into a citadel. Works on the fortification continued, and in 1386 the Croatia- Hungarian Queen Mary and her mother Elisabeth, wife of the Croatian-Hungarian king Ludovic of Anjou and daughter of the Bosnian Ban Stjepo Kotomanić were held there in captivity. Throughout a period of 150 years, from the beginning of the 16th century and up to the mid 17th century, the fortification was unconquerable. The Turks succeeded in conquering it only in 1646 and it remained under their rule for nine months when it was again liberated. The fortress was last restored in 1708, and abandoned after the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797.
Church of St. Martin
The one-nave church of St. Martin was erected in the middle of a field, at the foot of a stone mountain, a monument with three apses, arranged in the shape of a shamrock and it is a World Heritage Site. It derives from the 5th or 6th centuries, built on the foundations of an Early Christian church. Next to the church there are remains of a hexagonal baptistery and architectural fragments decorated with three-strand pattern design, as well as materials for early Christian altars. The bas-relief of a Christian knight, a warrior on a horse, the patron of the church, with a sword and shield is particularly well-known.
Early Christian church of St. Michael
In the vicinity, in the locality of Mijolovac, the Early Christian church of St. Michael was discovered which leads to St. Michael as the titular of the hexaconchal pre-Romanesque church whose remains are still visible. In that location once there was a Roman villa rustica. The church of St. Michael dates from the 9th century, and was probably part of a monastery complex. It had a rectangular narthex on its western side. The external surfaces of semi-circular conches are divided by shallow pilasters. A drum with a cupola rises over the central area. Fragments of pre-Romanesque stone furniture from a medieval monastery were found around the church. The monastery was abandoned in 1560 and then demolished.
Church of Our Lady of the Rosary
The church was built near the parish house in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary. The Chapel of St. Mark, built in 1882, earlier stood on the site.